The Washington’s Birthday Celebration Association has big plans for this year’s WBCA Youth Song & Dance Festival scheduled for Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 2:00 p.m., at the Guadalupe and Lilia Martinez Fine Arts Theater. Macy’s is once again sponsoring the program and the event will remain free to the public.
We invite all dance and cheer teams as well as musical groups to participate in this year’s WBCA Youth Song & Dance Festival. This is an opportunity for local school groups to showcase their talented performers. Teams/Musical Groups participating in the 2019 Youth Song & Dance Festival need to remember the following:
- Please submit your application as soon as possible as space is limited as well as enclosed release forms.
- Performances are limited to five (5) minutes. This includes time to enter the stage, the dance/song itself, and time to exit the stage.
- Dance/cheer team sponsors must submit their music on a CD no later than February 7, 2018 to the WBCA office. The music should be ready to play at the right spot and the CD must be marked with the school’s name and sponsor name with contact information for questions we may have.
- All participating SENIORS (dancers, singers, models & volunteers) are eligible to apply for a $1,000.00 scholarship compliments of Macy’s. Please have them complete the attached scholarship application if interested. Encourage your seniors to participate as two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded at the event to two participating seniors.
- Application deadline for participation in the 2019 WBCA Youth Song & Dance Festival is COMING SOON. You may fax the attached application and release forms to our office at 722-5528 or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sames KIA will award cash prizes to participating groups through multiple drawings at the event. All school levels will be eligible for these prize drawings.
The 2019 WBCA Youth Song & Dance Festival is going to be a big hit and we hope your team will be able to participate.